Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BBC: Blood, Sweat and T-shirts





I've been to India, and it's a fascinating place. I had a love/hate reaction to India, I loved it because it was so foreign and hated it because it was so real. In my opinion, India is a great example of a Libertarian system. It's a democracy, but there's not government regulation of anything, from clean drinking water to garbage pickup. After my visit to India, I realized that the only thing that makes the US a first world nation is the system of paying taxes and that money being spent on maintaining certain standard for our society. Not paying taxes, corruption in spending tax money, and greed and selfishness (people not wanting to help other groups with education, housing etc) is what erodes society and puts it into third world status.

No comments: